Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

What is it with Labor Day.  Are you supposed to labor or be labor free.  It seems that for my family and I we always labor.  Why?  I don't know why we don't just sit around the pool, with cute little umbrella drinks, and enjoy the last of summer.  Oh yeah, we don't have a pool! 

This morning we started in early, 9:00 am, give me a break, I at least get to sleep in on a holiday.  We started working outside, in hurricane gust force winds, trimming bushes. 

         IMG_4414 Before

Sorry about the smudge on the pic.  I guess I didn't get all the dog slobber cleaned off.  When Lady thinks she is getting her picture made she gets really excited about the camera.  She licked my lense, trying to get her close-up made.  She is so photogenic too.  You'll see her laying around in the last pic.  She is posing for the camera.

          IMG_4416

That's my sexy gardener I hired for the weekend.  He does a great job.  I know I said we all labor, but he did most of the work.  I make a great supervisor.  I did help pick up all of the trimmings off the ground.  But I let the hired help do most of the work!  (LOL) 

          IMG_4417

After.  Doesn't it look so much better.  I think so.  The other bushes around the house also got trimmed up.  Just a little attention to the flower beds make a world of difference.  I am so glad that we had today to get stuff done.  

No comments: