Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Creepy Crawlies

I'm not sure if I have said before that Parker loves all critters.  That includes bugs, lizards, you name it.  He loves them all.  The latest creepy crawly creature that we have had this weekend at our house is a centipede.  My dad and Parker picked this one up south of Mtn. View at my Uncle Ricky's house.  After I realize that the thing is poisonous, I question my dad's judgement.  I know that we are keeping him in a jar with a lid but that is still living on the edge for me.  I probably should have my head examined since I brought him home from Mtn. View.  The things we do for our children.  Parker was ecstatic thinking about show and tell.  He couldn't wait for the long weekend to be over.  I am sad but glad, the centipede didn't make it to Tuesday morning.  Nope he kicked the bucket.  Parker just couldn't understand why he wouldn't eat the grasshopper or the moth that he fed him.  He was just about in tears when he saw that he was dying.  He wanted to release him in the field behind our house.  I told him no way, Jose!  I am not letting him go anywhere.  I tried to explain that he could bite or do whatever it is they do.  Parker is a child with No Fear!    I did dump him out on the concrete long enough to get a picture.  He wasn't feeling well at the moment.  He was on his last leg.  (haha, get it last leg, he has so many!)  I know I'm a dork go ahead and make fun of me now.  I don't care.  I will laugh all by myself.

IMG_4415

No comments: