Monday, September 13, 2010

Design on a Dime

Since we are on a frugal budget, thanks to Dave, I have been trying to use up some old things by making them new again.  I want to share with you a project that I have done.

I don't know if you all know that I buy lots of picture frames. I do.  I confess, I need therapy.  I love to shop Hobby Lobby.  I could spend hours in the frame section alone.  Anyway, on with the story.

I had the pictures of the kids that were taken last summer with the Toucan bird.  I love the colors of the pictures.  They were so vivid and alive.  I wanted to put these out in my beachy room but the frames that I had were just blah!  My first instinct was to rush out and look for the perfect frame for these.  After that urge passed, I decided to make old into new. These two frames were just some cheap frames I had bought at the General Dollar (hehe, that one is for you Cindy) and painted white.  I had actually put them in the garage sale pile to discard of them. I pulled them out and glued shells on them.  I had originally planned to do this back in 2006 after going on a cruise and collecting a ton of seashells.  As procrastination always gets the best of me, I got to this project four years later.  I am so proud of them, I think that they turned out great!

             IMG_4434

No comments: