Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cheesy Crock-Pot Corn

Here is the recipe I promised in an earlier blog.  Try it sometime.  It is a really good side dish that is easy.  I can't promise calorie free or healthy for that matter.  I can promise you will definitely get a full serving of two important food groups.  Milk and vegetable.  Actually, at my house it would be three, we consider cheese its own food group!

CHEESY CREAMED CORN

Serving Size: 4 (Easy Recipe to Multiply)

1 16 oz. pkg. frozen corn

4 oz. cubed cream cheese

1/8 cup cubed butter

1 Tbsp. water

1 Tbsp. milk

3/4 Tbsp. sugar

2 slices torn up American cheese

Layer all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted. Stir occasionally. Stir before serving.

I know that this says 1/8 c. butter, I may have added a little more than that.  If a tad of butter is good, just a little more has got to be better, right?   I add a little salt and pepper.  I just can't cook without adding a little here and there.  Just be very, very careful with your crock pot once you get it all clean, it is way to valuable to live without it! Trust me on this one!

No comments: