Friday, November 12, 2010

Shopping with Parker

Last Saturday, we went grocery shopping at Elk City.  We went to check out the new Wal-Mart.  I know woo hoo!  What an exciting thing, not really.  I am being facetious.  I just didn't know what to do on a Saturday with out soccer.  Parker isn't the easiest child to manage while shopping even though he is almost nine.  Sometimes I ask myself, why did he come along?  He doesn't shop unless he is shopping for himself.  I try to accommodate him the best I can.  We looked at the toys, hunting, and sporting goods.  But after that I am out of options.  Once we move onto the food he is getting a little antsy.  Unless we look at the junk food.   The boy loves junk food.  So to make it interesting for him I let him pick out a few things.  When we were on the cookie isle he says, "Mom, we have got to get some of those cricket cookies. They are so good!"  So we look at every cookie possible and he says that's them, right there with the elf!"  When I saw the name I cracked up.  Grasshopper cookies!  I love my son.  He says some of the cutest things.  Cricket cookies!!!!!  Too cute!

  

        Cookies

No comments: