Sunday, November 21, 2010

Madi's 11th Birthday Party

When birthday's come around I do my best to avoid parties.  Too many   children in one small confined space is not my thing.  I especially avoid sleep overs.  I can't stay up all night and I can't leave a group of pre-teen girls unsupervised.  I may be a bit of a control freak!

When we started out planning I decided I would give in and allow them to stay over all night.  By the week of the party before sending out invitations, I panicked and backed out.  I talked her into one evening full of fun.  I researched some party ideas online for the pre-teen.  I knew I would need to have them busy or they might get out of control.  I found one web-site that recommended a cooking party.  I thought about it and decided that I could do this.  I had to keep telling myself you can do this, you can do this.  It is only a few hours, you can do this.  I felt like the little engine telling myself over and over.   I made homemade pizza dough and gave each of them enough to make their own pizza.  After cooking the pizzas, we had homemade doughnuts for dessert.  The girls helped to glaze them and add the sprinkles.  I actually survived the evening and enjoyed being around the girls.  One down, one to go?!

       IMG_4899

      IMG_4909!!

No comments: