Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Life in the Rio Grande Valley

 

 IMG_2107

Life is good here.  We're loving our time in the mountains.  Quiet, Beautiful, Relaxing, Restful.  On second though maybe not so restful.  I say this laughing.  The first night Chris was restless.  Tossing and turning, and keeping me awake.  So we played a little musical beds the second night.  Parker and Chris slept in the living room on the two sofa beds.  Madi and I slept in the bedroom.   I thought oh, this is going to be better.  I am finally going to get to sleep.  Nope,  Parker woke me up in the middle of the night with a stomach ache.  He startled me out of a deep slumber to my disliking.   When he turned on the lamp, I discovered that there were bugs in my bed.  Can this get any worse?  (LOL)  I finally got them all out and got back to sleep.  I did sleep well for awhile but woke up cold.   I could practically see my breath in the cabin.  Chris quickly got the fire going to appease me.  I hate to be cold.  The temperature was 32 degrees yesterday morning.  It was so cold that the guys had to break ice  on the horse's water.  The guys got off a little later the second day.  After the guys left the kids and I left for fishing a little before noon.  IMG_2089

We headed back down the valley to 30 Mile Campground, to catch a little fish.  We had no luck.  The trout evaded our hook every time.  They are hard little rascals to catch.  Parker said that he had several little nibbles but he is the ultimate fisherman.  A story to tell every time.  He enjoyed every minute of it.  We hit several areas.  We also fished the Rio Grande Reservoir.  It is hard to believe ho high the water level gets during the runoff season.  We headed back to the cabin about 4:00.  The guys got back late, it seems that the tour guide (Jerry) took a wrong turn up in the mountains and they went farther than they had planned.  They rode about 9 hrs.  They were beat when they got back.  The horses were sure glad to see camp.  We cleaned up, had dinner, and headed to bed.  After getting things ready for bed, I realized that the bugs were back!  Oh no!  Tina and I quickly began extermination and moving the beds around.  After this I decided that I would be sleeping on the couch!  First nights rest!! Yeah!!   Chris was even so sweet by setting an alarm to get up this morning and start me a fire at 5:15 am.  I slept until the sun came up this morning. It was wonderful to sleep in! 

IMG_2100

1 comment:

Cindy's Cache said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your trip! Remember the quote from "The Proposal" Mindy loved! Bugs and cold are enough to convince her! I really like my low to be about 60. I guess the days warm up nicely though. Ask Chris where his GPS is might be better than ole Jerry. Daytime is a good time to sleep and maybe the bugs don't like sunshine! Ha!